as amended by the Law No. (18) of 2011
This Law is called (The Competition Law of the year 2004) and shall take effect upon its publication in the Official Gazette.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The following terms and phrases appearing herein shall have the meanings assigned thereto hereunder unless the context denotes otherwise:
- The Ministry: The Ministry of Industry and Trade.
- The Minister: The Minister of Industry and Trade.
- The Directorate: The Competition Directorate at the Ministry.
- The Director: The director of the Competition Directorate.
- The Court: The court with competence to hear competition cases in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
- The Enterprise: Any person, natural or juristic, carries out economic activities, or any grouping of such persons.
- Market: The product or service or all products or services which are, in view of their price, characteristics and uses, interchangeable and mutually replaceable to meet a particular need of the consumer in a particular geographical location wherein compatible competition conditions exist.
- Dominant Position: The condition in which an Enterprise is able to control and affect the activity of the market.